Saturday, February 20, 2016

Winners and DT Favorites -- Monthly Challenge #1 {Something New}



Happy Day! Today we are going to announce our DT Favorites from Monthly Challenge #1 -- Try Something New. Everyone's projects were fantastic!!  Thank you so much for playing along!! You all make it very hard to choose favorites! Thank goodness Random.org picks the prize winners!!

We would like to extend a HUGE Thank you to our wonderful and generous sponsors for our January 2016 Challenge. You really help to make the Challenges that much better by providing prizes to give to our winners. Please help us thank our wonderful sponsors by dropping by their shops!!








HERE ARE YOUR RANDOM DRAWN WINNERS:



Doodle Pantry, LLC
Prize: $10 Gift Certificate
And Our Random.Org Winner is:

#80 - Twisted Witch (not claimed)





Imagine That!
Prize: $10 Gift Certificate
And Our Random.Org Winner is:

#4 - Cards By Sheena *will redraw in a couple of weeks*





PolkaDoodles
Prize: $7.50 Euros Gift Certificate
And Our Random.Org Winner is:

#54 - Lucy Patrick *claimed*





Smeared Ink
Prize: Images Used By The Design Team
And Our Random.Org Winner is:

#18 - Carol Gill *claimed*




NOW FOR OUR DT FAVORITES FOR MONTHLY CHALLENGE #1 {TRY SOMETHING NEW}:

Ana Isabel's Pick:

No. 58 - KT Fit Kitty
Ana Isabel's Thoughts: I love the background and these cute cats!!!


AngelicBadGirl's, Monica's and Susan's Pick:

No. 90 - Kavitha
AngelicBadGirls's Thoughts: I just love the layout of this canvas and the colours she has used. All the elements are visible but yet complement each other perfectly. You can see the time that has been put into this project, Stunning work Kavitha. xx

Monica's Thoughts: I love the color combo she used on her project. I’ve been wanting to play around more with mixed media and projects like hers really inspire! Its BEAUTIFUL!!!

Susan's Thoughts: I had such a hard time choosing just one! You all are so talented! I narrowed it down to Kavitha's canvas. I just love how she added all the flowers in the one corner. I love the design, the colors. What a huge inspiration. It really makes me want to try additional canvas art. I love how everything is layered and that there is so much white as well. Just absolutely gorgeous!


Annette's Pick:

No. 61 - Lucy Patrick
Annette's Thoughts: I have chosen this particular card because the creator has created an illusion of the digi actually sitting at the table plus the fact it’s winter, her choice of background paper gives the effect of snow. I also love how she has colored her digi and fussy cut it out to sit it behind the table.


BBsButterfly's Pick:

No. 103 - Sara's Closet
BBsButterfly's Thoughts: The texture is amazing and gives that mixed media feel to the card! With all of the sparkle, the sentiment says it all. And, the colors are gorgeously applied. Great work!


Berni's Pick and Sandy's Pick:

No. 12 - Rutscht
Berni's Thoughts: The image and details on this beauty are simply eye catching and gorgeous. The image is the focal point of this amazing creation.

Sandy's Thoughts: Wonderful baby card, the image portrays that bond between mother and child.


Deanne's Pick:

No. 83 - Andrea's Paper Antics
Deanne's Thoughts: This is a beautiful CAS card!!! the butterfly is beautiful against the wood background! Absolutely gorgeous!!


Hanne's Pick:

No. 91 - Christi C.
Hanne's Thoughts: The new technique Christi has used on the blue Happy Birthday card is really interesting. I love the simplicity in the card - although there is a great amount of work behind this "simple" look. This makes such a great male card!


Joanna's Pick:

No. 77 - Pawsitively Creative
Joanna's Thoughts: I like mix media and fab compositions the canvas. I love layout and color combo she used.


Kel's Pick and Kerri's Pick:

No. 54 - Lucy Patrick
Kel's Thoughts: love the colors on the card and the coloring is amazing!!

Kerri's Thoughts: I fell in love with this card as soon as I saw it! Lucy has chosen a beautiful colour combination and fantastic papers. Her colouring really makes the image pop. Overall a stunning creation!


Kraftykoolkat's Pick:

No. 64 - CreationsNZ
Kraftykoolkat's Thoughts: Beautiful colours and image. Love the layout, a very serene and calming creation.


Lynda's Pick:

No. 1 - Natalie K.
Lynda's Thoughts: The whole idea is fantastic. The cat is super cute and coloured beautifully. The balloon pops off the page against the white background. So beautiful! :-)


Lynnpenguin's Pick and Rebecca's Pick:

No. 70 - Time To Play
Lynnpenguin's Thoughts: I love the colours and the way the background was created. Great colours, sparkle and wonderful sentiment.

Rebecca's Thoughts: Love how she try with colour burst and she really inspired me to try something I never try before in crafting journey. Awesome!


NanaConnie's Pick:

No. 33 - Crafting Vicky
NanaConnie's Thoughts: I absolutely LOVE the way she altered a thrift store find and used it to frame this beautifully colored image! The text dp behind the image is just so perfect for that vintage lady and she did a great video showing all the steps she took.


Shirley-Anne's Pick:

No. 73 - Kleido
Shirley-Anne's Thoughts: Fabulous gift idea.Love the tags to keep lid shut and the small images.


Traceymo's Pick:

No. 74 - Aurora
Traceymo's Thoughts: I love this idea of stamping on to book pages & love the image & colouring


10 comments:

  1. Wow, so many winners and picks! I loved looking at all of the chosen cards - they are gorgeous! Thank you to Ana Isabel for choosing my card as your favourite - I am honoured! Congrats to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray to all of the winners and DT picks! Such an array of wonderful creations and designs. Wowzers! Thank you to Joanna for choosing my darker design, what an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to each of the winners and all the DT picks! Thank you BB's Butterfly for naming my Mixed Media card as your pick--I'm so very honored! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, where do I start? I am so excited to see I am a winner and also that Annette, Kel and Kerri picked one of my cards as their favourite, what an honour, I'm so thrilled, thanks ladies! I also loved looking through all the beautiful chosen DT faves, congratulations to all. I love how you, the DT all put time and effort into choosing a fave and writing such beautiful comments about them, it's so lovely. XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, where do I start? I am so excited to see I am a winner and also that Annette, Kel and Kerri picked one of my cards as their favourite, what an honour, I'm so thrilled, thanks ladies! I also loved looking through all the beautiful chosen DT faves, congratulations to all. I love how you, the DT all put time and effort into choosing a fave and writing such beautiful comments about them, it's so lovely. XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAAAAHHHHHHH... I'm a DT-Favorite. Many thanks for this - I can't belive it. I'm very happy about. Congratulations for all the other winners and DT-Picks!

    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhhh thank ou so much NanaConnie for picking my make :) Congrats to all the other winners!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for picking my card, Lynda! I am so honored. :)
    Congrats to the other winners!
    Hugs, Natalie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for choosing my card as a winner and congrats to the other ladies
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete